I will absolutely positively play SC2... until D3 comes out then i will have to tone it down to just 8 hours a day. lawl
for all you non-believers who dont really like SC2...
SC2 is a lot more fun if
1) You get all your friends playing with you, and then you can have crazy awesome 4v4s
2) Watch SC2 commentaries (HD Starcraft and Husky Starcraft are the best) so you learn how to play the game like a beast (hint: winning is a lot more fun than losing)
3) You get all those sweet unlockable unit portraits, so you can impress girls. (this is a joke. doing this will not help you get girls. and if you were actually considering doing this, you probably wont get girls anyways)
4) You have a totally awesome computer that can run graphics on ultra. (in process of building mine for SC2 right now)
5) You stop playing World of Warcraft and put some serious hours into starcraft
6) You played the original
and blizzard can make the game more fun by...
MAKING LAN. although i do understand why they arent including it, it still makes me sad
We should definitely organize a community tournament when the game comes out
EDIT: Wait, no LAN? That's annoying. I mean, I know anti-piracy and all, but I enjoyed loading SC, WC3 and D2 onto a couple USBs, having some friends bring over a couple laptops and playing, even if they didn't have the game. Especially since due to my router configuration, no one was able to host a game on B-Net, so LAN was the only way to play together and get the map we want.
Didn't really like what Blizzard did about Battle.net in beta, I'll give it some time, see how Blizz manages it on release. Then there's the expansion thing, dunno how long all of them will take to come out and how much it will all end up costing.
I've always liked the games that blizzard make
I've played nearly all their games
Loved Starcraft(still love it) and have the same feeling after trying out the Starcraft 2 Multiplayer Beta
Of course I'm buying it
Rollback Post to RevisionRollBack
add me if you want to^^
Europe non ladder and ladder player
I'm gonna put my highrune in your socket
flyarion, flyarion_third, flyarion_fourth, flyarion_fifth
Pre-booked it about a month ago. Never really played SC or Broodwar that much tbh, and I'm not the biggest fan of RTS's in general, but I like the looks of SC2 and I might just offer a fair share of time playing this both online and offline.
Put in my pre-order a couple days ago at the only Gamestop in my area doing a midnight release. Took the night off of work, too. The girlfriend and I are going to a late dinner at IHOP then hitting the release. I'm basically planning to go home and play through the night.
Going to spend the first day or two only playing the campaign; hopefully any Bnet launch woes will clear up by then, and placement matches will be a bit more accurate when everyone isn't placing at the same time. Plus I just love the SP story, and am curious what achievements will be tied into it, etc.