I can't start the game

• I don't know what happened. I played this game for couple of hours then I stepped out for a few hours and when I came back, I couldn't start my game. It seemed like my computer did some kind of updates without even asking me while I was gone. Game starts loading in battle.net program but as soon as diablo launches it throws me away and small window appear that I ask me to describe what I was doing prior. No error code, nothing.
  • Hey folks,

Have any of you tried disabling or temporarily uninstalling your security programs? We've seen an influx of problems like this lately that seem to be caused by a definitions update of some antivirus programs.

Alternately, if you recently did a windows update as well, you may just need some graphics driver updates. There's a utility called XBox Game DVR that conflicts with older drivers and which was turned on with Windows Anniversary Edition.
  • Hey all,

I have been looking over the error logs for the Diablo III client when it is failing to load on your computers. We have been seeing similar errors cause by AVG. If you have AVG add Diablo III and the Battle.net App to AVG's exception list. We have seen this help.

Beyond that I do see that the drivers for the video cards on your computer are showing old. This could also cause Diablo III not to load properly. To be on the safe side make sure Windows and the drivers in the computer are up to date.
  • Hey SteveO,

Think you may be seeing a different issue than what the other players in this post are seeing. I do have some additional steps I would like you to try. If Diablo III still is black screening, please post a DxDiag and Diablo III Error Logs.

• Run the Diablo III repair tool.

• To be on the safe side make sure Windows and the drivers in the computer are up to date.

Please run Diablo III in 32-bit mode.
  • Hey generaltrash,

Looking at that last crash log, the drivers are still pretty old. Try these drivers, select custom install, Then deselect everything minus the drivers and PhysX. After that check the box for "Perform Clean Installation".

If you get crashes after this, can you post your DXDiag for me please?