The application has encountered an unexpected error, never opens.

• i just reinstalled the game after encountering this problem apon my first installation.

73232786-995C-440C-ACA6-D58F2A3B995A

that is the code i'm provided.

the game never opens after clicking play, it says the game is running on battle.net for a moment then i get the error message.
  • Hey all,

If running in 32-bit mode like DrSuperGood suggested does not help please try these steps to help get Diablo III working on your computer. If this still happens please post a DxDiag.

• Run the Diablo III repair tool.

• Please run the Battle.net with the Run as Administrator option.

• To be on the safe side make sure Windows and the drivers in the computer are up to date.

• Run the computer in a selective startup mode.

DxDiag:
      1) Press Windows Key + R.
      2) Type DxDiag and press Enter.
      3) In the DxDiag window, click Save All Information.
      4)Name the file "dxdiag" and click Save
      5) Paste the DXdiag into the post, select and highlight everything you just pasted, and hit the "code" button (</>). That'll make the information much more readable.
  • Hey SoulScream,

If you did not try the other steps I posted, please do try them. If the crashes continue post a DxDiag and Diablo III error logs.
  • Hey kokimoto,

Thank you for posting that report ID. I was able to find the error logs from it. Looking over the error log it looks like there may be an issue with the Battle.net App that is causing this. I have some steps I would like you to try that could help fix this.

• Let's set the Battle.net App to close when a game is running.
    1) On the Battle.net App click on the big Battle.net icon in the upper left corner.
    2) Then click on Settings from the dropdown menu that opens up.
    3) In the General preference tab, under the When I launch a game field, select Exit battle.net completely.
    4) Click on done and launch Diablo III

• Delete all the Battle.net files and reinstall the Battle.net App
    1) Press the Windows + R keys
    2) In the Run Box type %programdata% and press OK
    3) In the ProgramData folder delete the Battle.net and Blizzard Entertainment folders
    4) Uninstall and reinstall the Battle.net Desktop App. Please make sure to install the Battle.net App on the C drive. Installing it on another drive can cause issues.

Note: If the Battle.net App does not show the games installed click on the Locate next to the Play button. Then navigate to were the game is installed.