Timeouts and Disconnects

• m00se3,

If you're only having problems on your wizard, that's more likely a crash or a game files issue. Your connection test looks clean. Can you try deleting your Diablo III settings file first?

1. Go to your Documents folder
    2. Find the Diablo III folder and open it
    3. Find the D3Prefs file and delete it

You'll also want to repair the game client.

Same issue here :(

WinMTR statistics |

| Host - % | Sent | Recv | Best | Avrg | Wrst | Last |

|------------------------------------------------|------|------|------|------|------|------|

| 192.168.1.254 - 0 | 1536 | 1536 | 1 | 8 | 117 | 9 |

| No response from host - 100 | 307 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 |

| No response from host - 100 | 307 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 |

| ae8-10.akbr6.global-gateway.net.nz - 5 | 1282 | 1218 | 0 | 48 | 147 | 45 |

| ae7-2.akbr7.global-gateway.net.nz - 0 | 1536 | 1536 | 41 | 49 | 190 | 43 |

|________________________________________________|______|______|______|______|______|______|

Sput,

Looks like you're probably experiencing some packet loss early in your connection path. You'll want to talk to your ISP about this ae8-10.akbr6.global-gateway.net.nz hop and let them know that you're having large amounts of packet loss ultimately resulting in connection problems. We can see that your problem happens somewhere after your router, so that's going to be one you need to work with your ISP on.
  • KOZLIIK,

Yours is a little more odd. The packets seem somewhat fine other than the periodic dropped packets, but you have extremely high latency spikes starting at your router. I'm more worried about that than the packets currently. What's even more interesting is that where your packets appear to be 'dropped' your 'WRST' latency column is much lower. This tells me that your packets may not actually be lost, but they're taking so long to reach their destination that the WinMTR program is not waiting for them any more. Latency that high can cause a disconnection.

Are you on wifi or ethernet? If wifi, try updating your wifi drivers and router firmware, and swap to ethernet if that fails to see if that fixes it. If it does, the wifi signal may just be unstable trying to get between wherever you sit and wherever the wifi is. If neither of those helps, power cycling your computer/router are your best bets.

With D3 running until 3007 poped up..

|------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| WinMTR statistics |

| Host - % | Sent | Recv | Best | Avrg | Wrst | Last |

|------------------------------------------------|------|------|------|------|------|------|

| 192.168.0.1 - 0 | 332 | 332 | 1 | 5 | 1037 | 1 |

| ip-94-113-140-1.net.upcbroadband.cz - 0 | 332 | 332 | 9 | 17 | 1061 | 9 |

| ip-89-176-89-225.net.upcbroadband.cz - 0 | 332 | 332 | 9 | 16 | 1058 | 10 |

| ip-84-116-220-193.net.upc.cz - 0 | 332 | 332 | 16 | 25 | 1073 | 19 |

| de-fra04a-rc1-ae33-0.aorta.net - 1 | 325 | 323 | 17 | 23 | 210 | 21 |

02/06/2017 05:46 PMPosted by Justice1
    I get a network disconnect all most every time I transport back to town,
    which is really annoying if I have just completed a bounty!!!

Justice,

That could be a problem with your connection path or the game data itself. Can you also send an MTR test using these instructions and let me know what you've tried to troubleshoot this?
  • m00se3,

If this is only occurring on a particular class, can you toggling 32 bit mode and doing a full reinstall if that fails? If that doesn't help, let's get that MTR test I mentioned in my last post for you as well. We can see if there's some kind of issue between your house and us with that.
  • Hey there m00se3,

These look like they were run for pretty short periods of time - 1 to 2 minutes each. Did you disconnect while either of these were running? It'll help us to have at least 5 minutes of data to work with. With these tests I don't see anything obviously wrong, so if you can run them for a bit longer and capture disconnections while running them it'll give us more to work with.
  • m00se3,

Okay, those tests look perfectly fine. Did swapping to 32 bit mode change anything at all about the frequency of the disconnections? Are you in any communities, and have you tried leaving them temporarily to see if it fixes?
  • TheChaz,

That's interesting. Question for you - does that still persist on the 32 bit mode client with your good Firebird gear on? Alternately, if you're doing long damage over time, your client is getting and sending a ton of data to the server. It could be overloading your network card, router, etc. I'd be curious what other troubleshooting you've tried for your network card or router/modem so far.
  • As far as the rest of these tests go, they look pretty good, with the exception of Gp06's tests. It looks like there's some packet loss here which could cause the problem for you specifically.

|be-33651-cr01.sunnyvale.ca.ibone.comcast.net - 1 | 363 | 360 | 0 | 29 | 157 | 25 |

|be-33651-cr01.sunnyvale.ca.ibone.comcast.net - 3 | 383 | 375 | 0 | 25 | 116 | 22 |

For this problem, you'll want to contact your ISP and let them know that they're routing you through a place that's dropping data packets. They may be able to route you around it, or notify whoever is having the issue so they can get it fixed.
  • TheChaz,

We don't have that functionality on the site, but if you want to discuss this with a Game Master you can submit a ticket. We'd be focusing mostly on troubleshooting in that case. I'd recommend linking your posts in this thread if you choose to do this.

It's not the amount of damage i'm concerned with as the fact that you're doing damage over time with the incineration. Basically every time you do an individual tick of damage you're sending information to the server and vice versa. If you're sending hundreds of these separate calculations to and from the server, it can flood your router or modem if there's some kind of issue with it.

If you want to send that wireshark along, you can email it to [email protected] with the subject "For Drakuloth - TheChaz Connection Issues" and I can reply back on this thread if I find anything interesting.

I'd also be curious to see a winMTR from you with and without the VPN installed. Basically follow the WinMTR steps 1-7 at my original post on this thread (skip 8) without the VPN until you capture a disconnection. Once done, add the VPN to the equation and redo the same test. That should give me some information to work with.