Re: Message from Jay Wilson

• Since it was locked and we couldn't reply, here's my reply to this thread : http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4079872821

I'm happy to hear that the release date is coming in the near future, but that's no more specific than soon. So it's still taunting :P

The only thing negative I can say is that with each patch since the Nephalim alters were added my expectations have dropped. I realize they were removed, but I've felt worse and worse about the game with each patch after that one. It just seemed like there was constant steps in the wrong direction of what I was having fun with vs. what they were changing. I realize I was only playing a small portion of the game so maybe the changes were good for the long run. Regardless, my expectations are very low now. I'll probably get the game at release, but I no longer have a CE pre-order. That was mostly because I moved, but if my expectations and hopes were the same as when I first got beta (pretty early on) I would have pre-ordered it as soon as I got to my new location. Now, I almost want to wait for the reviews to be safe.

I guess what I'm saying is that I feel it was too difficult to keep expectations high with the way things played out.
  • 02/23/2012 03:38 PMPosted by DouDoubleg
    You realize they locked it so people wouldn't do exactly this?

Actually, threads on this subject are fine.