I searched but do marquise gems...

• drop in the expansion? I told my friend it doesn't pay to buy them right now.

Does anyone have a link or know if higher tier gems drop in the expansion?

Thx in advance
  • A lot of this info is already out there (like this First Impressions blog by IncGamers), but I'd be happy to give you a rundown of the current gem system in Reaper of Souls. As a side note, though, things are always subject to change in beta, but we'll be sure to let you know if they do.

Here's how everything is currently working:
    • Marquise gems drop in Reaper of Souls from monsters level 61 and up.
    • There are four new gems in the expansion: Imperial, Flawless Imperial, Royal, and Flawless Royal (the best), too.
    • Players in Master difficulty and up will have a chance to find Imperial gems from level 61+ monsters.
    • The remaining Imperial and Royal tiers can be crafted at the Jeweler.

So there’s a lot of great gems to find, but you’ll have to do some crafting to have the absolute best ones.
  • 02/11/2014 12:19 PMPosted by DrothVader
    I'm wondering if this is bugged or not.

I double checked this (personally, I didn't find any until Torment II), and it turns out that Imperial gems dropping in Master difficulty is bugged. We're going to correct it in an upcoming hotfix, but I don't have an ETA yet on when that will happen. We'll be sure to update the Closed Beta Hotfixes thread, though, so keep an eye on it if you're interested.